Author Archives: Dr. Robert Axelrad (Brampton Dentist)
What are Wisdom Teeth? Wisdom teeth are the set of four “third molars” that usually appear in the late teenage ears and reach full development by the early- to mid-twenties. Wisdom Teeth tend to appear around the ages of 17 … Continue readingRead more
There is a link between Obstructive Sleep Apnea (O.S.A) and high levels of cholesterol. Studies have shown that the more severe the OSA, the lower are the levels of High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and higher the Triglyceride levels…In short, HDL … Continue readingRead more
Over the past few weeks we have discussed the links between sleep apnea and various medical conditions. I feel it is important to spend a little time discussing these links because they will help to explain certain conditions that you … Continue readingRead more
Early on we discussed tooth grinding at night and looked at the repercussions: These ranged from tooth wear, muscle fatigue, pain in the temporomandibular joints (TMJ) to headaches and neck pain. Grinding your teeth is when you apply forces to … Continue readingRead more
Gastro esophageal reflux disorder, commonly known as GERD, is the back flow of stomach acid into the esophagus. We have previously discussed this in the blog “ Dental Erosion and How to Treat it” posted on September 2nd 2013…when acid … Continue readingRead more
There seems to be significant evidence to support a connection between sleep apnea and hypertension (high blood pressure). A Very Relevant Statistic: As many as 60 % of individuals with sleep apnea have high blood pressure. Below we briefly discuss … Continue readingRead more
Our office is now open. We are taking the following precautions to combat COVID-19;
- A plexiglass barrier stands on the front desk in the waiting room.
- All patients have their temperature taken with a non-touch digital infra-red thermometer.
- All staff wear mask, gloves, gown, bonnet, goggles and face shield.
- Hand sanitizers are readily available for staff and patient use.
- Patients will wait outside or in their car until their appointment time.
- No visitors are permitted in the office.
- Social distancing will remain in effect in the office.
- Patients experiencing influenza-like-illness (fever with a cough, sore throat or muscle aches) should not come to the office.
- Air purifiers with hepa filters have been installed in each operatory and waiting room.
- All COVID-19 precautions put forth by both the dental and hygiene boards have been put into force in the office.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr Axelrad and Staff