Author Archives: Dr. Axelrad
Dental grills are very popular….These are just a few of the celebrities that are wearing them: Lady Gaga, Madonna, Katy Perry, Rihanna, and Nelly. Facts about Dental Grills and Mouth Grillz Dental Grills – also known as Mouth Grills – … Continue readingRead more
The good dental and oral hygiene habits that you establish with your children while they’re young will set them up for a healthy life. But…what do you do when your kids just don’t seem interested in brushing properly? Continue readingRead more
Dental Care During Pregnancy When to visit a dentist during pregnancy? Is it necessary to make a dental appointment during pregnancy at all? After all, there are so many things on your plate as an expectant mother, if you can … Continue readingRead more
Receding gums change the way your smile looks – and can even change the way your face looks. There are many reasons why the gums recede, making teeth look longer, and potentially exposing discoloured portions of the tooth, along with the roots. The good news is that gum contouring is an option, whether it is for functional or purely cosmetic reasons. Continue readingRead more
Dental implants are growing in popularity, and it’s easy to see why. They offer a permanent tooth replacement solution, one that looks just like natural teeth. Despite their popularity, many people have questions about the procedure, so we’ve compiled the facts. Continue readingRead more
New Year’s is a good time to start new – and better – habits, and that’s always true when it comes to your health. Your oral and dental health is closely linked to your general health, so taking better care of your teeth and mouth gives you much more than just a great smile. Continue readingRead more
If your dental benefit plan runs according to the calendar year, you should be thinking about maximizing your benefits while you still have time left. You can save yourself some money by timing your appointments right, and here’s why. Continue readingRead more
Many dental insurance plans reset benefits at the beginning of each year – and you don’t get to carry any unused benefits forward from one year to the next. That’s why it’s a great time of the year to think about how you can utilize any unused allowances for dental benefits before they expire. Continue readingRead more
Our office is now open. We are taking the following precautions to combat COVID-19;
- A plexiglass barrier stands on the front desk in the waiting room.
- All patients have their temperature taken with a non-touch digital infra-red thermometer.
- All staff wear mask, gloves, gown, bonnet, goggles and face shield.
- Hand sanitizers are readily available for staff and patient use.
- Patients will wait outside or in their car until their appointment time.
- No visitors are permitted in the office.
- Social distancing will remain in effect in the office.
- Patients experiencing influenza-like-illness (fever with a cough, sore throat or muscle aches) should not come to the office.
- Air purifiers with hepa filters have been installed in each operatory and waiting room.
- All COVID-19 precautions put forth by both the dental and hygiene boards have been put into force in the office.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr Axelrad and Staff