Author Archives: Dr. Axelrad
Your Child’s behaviour at the dentist Every child behaves differently at the dentist. Some you can barely get into the treatment room and onto the dental chair, while others are completely calm and cooperative. These are the extremes, most children … Continue readingRead more
Dental grills are very popular….These are just a few of the celebrities that are wearing them: Lady Gaga, Madonna, Katy Perry, Rihanna, and Nelly. Facts about Dental Grills and Mouth Grillz Dental Grills – also known as Mouth Grills – … Continue readingRead more
The good dental and oral hygiene habits that you establish with your children while they’re young will set them up for a healthy life. But…what do you do when your kids just don’t seem interested in brushing properly? Continue readingRead more
Dental Care During Pregnancy When to visit a dentist during pregnancy? Is it necessary to make a dental appointment during pregnancy at all? After all, there are so many things on your plate as an expectant mother, if you can … Continue readingRead more
Receding gums change the way your smile looks – and can even change the way your face looks. There are many reasons why the gums recede, making teeth look longer, and potentially exposing discoloured portions of the tooth, along with the roots. The good news is that gum contouring is an option, whether it is for functional or purely cosmetic reasons. Continue readingRead more
Dental implants are growing in popularity, and it’s easy to see why. They offer a permanent tooth replacement solution, one that looks just like natural teeth. Despite their popularity, many people have questions about the procedure, so we’ve compiled the facts. Continue readingRead more
Our office is now open. We are taking the following precautions to combat COVID-19;
- A plexiglass barrier stands on the front desk in the waiting room.
- All patients have their temperature taken with a non-touch digital infra-red thermometer.
- All staff wear mask, gloves, gown, bonnet, goggles and face shield.
- Hand sanitizers are readily available for staff and patient use.
- Patients will wait outside or in their car until their appointment time.
- No visitors are permitted in the office.
- Social distancing will remain in effect in the office.
- Patients experiencing influenza-like-illness (fever with a cough, sore throat or muscle aches) should not come to the office.
- Air purifiers with hepa filters have been installed in each operatory and waiting room.
- All COVID-19 precautions put forth by both the dental and hygiene boards have been put into force in the office.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr Axelrad and Staff